Wednesday 17 August 2011

Mad-Made: Little Scrapping Gifts

I had done some beginner scrapbooking for Girlee's birthday and sorta got hooked on it. And as I'm also very inspired by the LOs done by Mama J at Mum in the Making (check her out, she's really good!), I've decided to make some as presents!

The first one I did was for my friend E, aka the mother of Baby N, for her birthday this year. I thought it will be fun to do a 3D piece with a frame I bought from Ikea.

Gathering my materials.. I love to see everything laid out on my bed

I bought the paper, the butterfly sticker and the brown border from Art Republic at Novena Square aka Velocity.

Love this photo we took together..

I got the letter 'E' from Cotton On Kids (wanted to buy the 'J' too but they were out of stock.. guess cos it's a very common letter for names?) and the flowers were from Spotlight at Plaza Singapura.

The letter 'E' and flowers for the 3D effect

Added a little car in the side (which represented her little boy) and some journaling in the form of a signboard stuck on the car using a toothpick. And there you have it:

Happy Birthday E! Hope you like it! =)

And as I was feeling in the mood for more scrapping, I used the same 3D frame and paper but with a different design to make a gift for my mother.

I know how much she loves my baby (she has pictures of baby girl's face plastered everywhere in her house, and I'm not even joking..) so I decided to add a really large picture of the two of them together.


Added some flowers on both sides of the frame (both the flowers and stickers are from Spotlight).


I cut the 'grass' from ordinary green paper and stuck the wooden letters of the word 'mum' on some felt and a toothpick.

And the final product:

For you mama!

My mum loved it! It has since taken up residence in a very prominent spot in her living room =)


~~~~~~

This post is part of my Mad-Made Art series that documents our artistic creations!


You can also see more on Instagram via the hashtag #madpsychmumart
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...