Friday 21 October 2011

Mad-Made: Wood to Metal

I keep looking at the frames currently on my wall, which are only 2 at the moment, and can't help but feel that the wooden frames Mr & Mrs P gave us just didn't go with the rest of my frames. It was a little too woody, if ya know what I mean.

My initial idea was to paint them and the hubby suggested shiny silver. Excuse me, I don't have shiny silver paint! But then I found something in Daiso that was even better..

Operation Wooden Frame Makeover!

..silver metal-looking sheets that you could cut out and paste on your photo frames!

All you need to do is measure out the sticker..

Measure & Cut

..ensure that you have extra flaps at the side which can be folded to the back, cut it out and stick!

Masking Tape

And just to make sure that the ends stick well, don't forget to add masking tape to it.

I decided to makeover not 1 but 2 frames, turning the other into another one of my family photo frames.

My Silvery End Product!

For this one, I used the photo I took with baby girl on Mother's Day and added really cute baby-themed stickers I found at Made With Love. And in line with my theme of using snippets of lyrics from my favourite Disney classics as the title of each frame, the words for this one was inspired by one of my favourite songs:

I have often dreamed
Of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome
Would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday
I can go the distance
I will find my way
If I can be strong
I know every mile
Will be worth my while
When I go the distance
I'll be right where I belong
-- Hercules,
Walt Disney Films (1997)

Hope you'll like this one! More to come! =)


~~~~~~

This post is part of my Mad-Made Art series that documents our artistic creations!


You can also see more on Instagram via the hashtag #madpsychmumart
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...